Top 10 Reasons to Choose Us1. EDUCATION: Our curriculum is geared to help prepare students for success in passing their State Board licensing exams and a rewarding career in today's beauty industry. You will receive focused attention from our instructors. It's a challenging, structured educational environment but we also try to make it fun at the same time by incorporating inspiring, encouraging activities and events into our course. We bring in expert guest speakers for specialized instruction; have competitions, challenges, games and many other ways for students to stay excited about the program including Milady’s Mindtap(coming fall 2015) which is an online/interactive program used in class as well as at home for test prepping materials, message boards for peers and educators, social media connecting.
2. TUITION PLANNING: All financing options will be explored for you when you meet with our Financial Aid Officer. We will assist students in answering any questions in regard to student finances. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
3. INSTRUCTORS: Our dedicated instructors are committed to help see you through to the completion of your education at The Salon Academy. All of our instructors are highly trained, experienced professionals who have worked in the beauty industry for many years, bringing real-world experience into the classroom. Our instructors respect each and every student's individuality and strive to understand different learning styles.
4. HANDS ON TRAINING: Our students gain valuable experience interacting with clients, and performing services in our modern full service student salon. Students take turns at the front desk learning how to schedule services, interact with clients on the phone, and keep track of the drawer, as well as help with keeping track of inventory. Our graduates can advance quickly in their new career because they know what to expect before they graduate.
5. EQUIPMENT: Our classes and student salon are equipped with up-to-date professional tools, equipment and Paul Mitchell products to provide you with the skills and knowledge for when you move from training into a real salon environment.
6. RECOGNITION: We are accredited through NACCAS (National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences) which have established and enforce minimum standards of performance. We are also approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in the Title IV Financial Aid Programs and approved to operate in Michigan by the Michigan State Board of Cosmetology. The Salon Academy is also an active member of the National Cosmetology Association, the Michigan Cosmetology School Association and the American Association of Cosmetology Schools.
7. FLEXIBILITY: The Salon Academy offers a variety of schedule options so students can attend school to be successful. We will help you choose the best schedule to meet your needs.
8. PREPARATION: We incorporate Miladys’ Salon Fundamentals business and marketing class into our curriculum, including job skills, interviewing techniques, resume writing, all which will equip students with all the tools to be a great success whether you choose booth rental, or plan to manage or own your own salon.
9. LOCATION: The Salon Academy services the tri-state area (Michigan, Indiana and Ohio). Our 2 locations, Coldwater and Jackson, are conveniently located in southwest Michigan.
10. CAREER SERVICES: We have an excellent reputation in our community so our graduates are in high demand! Whether you desire a career in hair, skin or nails, we'll assist students in finding employment after graduation. We have a network of salons who contact us regularly to inform us of job openings in the area and we post these for our students to review. (Job placement is not guaranteed)
To find out more about The Salon Academy, call 1-877-772-2355 to schedule a tour and interview. We will be happy to answer questions and take you through your many options.